Ever get stuck working on a project for hours with minimal breaks, and sometimes with no time to eat? We understand that programming can be time consuming, and when there are deadlines to meet, it can be difficult to break away from the screen to cook a meal or take a trip to a restaurant. Or sometimes you may find it hard to keep focus on your project and might need a boost of energy to keep you going. This list includes a variety of food to snack on to help you keep focused and full of energy while you work on your project.
*Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links. If you use the link below, we may receive a commission at no cost to you.
This recipe is a go to on days where there is too much going on, but we still want a hot meal at the end of the day. Simply toss everything in a crockpot around lunch time and that is it. This chicken turns out so tender it shreds just by poking it with a spoon.
- 2 – 3 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 10 oz or half a bottle of Heinz Memphis Style Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce
- Shredded cheddar (optional topping)
- Cole slaw (optional topping)
- Add all the ingredients together in the crockpot
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours
- Shred chicken in crockpot
- Serve on a bun with toppings of your choice.
Another snack option to go with while you work is Jerky which also comes in a variety of different options and flavors. The most common you see in stores is of course beef jerky, but you can also find turkey jerky, and sometimes even deer jerky. I decided to include jerky on this list because it is another protein packed snack to help keep hunger at bay and is overall low on carbs and calories. Jack Link’s offers many jerky options to try out, my favorite is hickory smoked.
Smoothies are refreshing and are a great way to get a meal in while you work and can be relatively easy to make. This recipe in particular includes rolled oats to help keep you full and with the inclusion of Greek yogurt, you will be sure to get a good dose of protein in your diet.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries (or mixed berries)
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- Add oats to the blender and blend until it is ground into a fine powder
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until completely smooth
If you prefer something light to help keep you focused, then you cannot go wrong with fresh fruit. Fruit is a great source of vitamins and the carbs in them will help keep you energized. You can snack on individual fruits like blueberries, or toss them in a bowl with strawberries, kiwi, mango, watermelon, and cherries to create a salad.
Overnight oats are a great option because you can prepare them the night before and have them ready when you need. There are a variety of different recipes to choose from, and because there is no cook time, you will have more time to work on your project. For most overnight oats, literally all you have to do is mix the ingredients together and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. Here are two recipes to get you started.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
- ½ Cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- ¾ Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
Head over to The Natural Nurturer for the complete recipe instructions.
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup blueberries
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- ½ banana
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
Head over to Well and Full for the complete recipe instructions
Almonds are great to snack on, they come in a variety of different flavors and are packed with nutrients to help keep you satisfied and full of energy. When snacking on almonds, you have the option to go salted or unsalted, sweet or savory; so, with such a wide variety, it is hard to get bored with this snack. In a serving of almonds, you will get about 6 grams of protein which will help you stay full and packed with healthy fats. If you are a fan of Blue Diamond Almonds, then you can check out these awesome flavors:
- Honey Roasted
- Wasabi & Soy
- Habanero BBQ
Have a sweet tooth but want something delicious that will not cost you an arm and a leg? This is the recipe for you. Warning, these things are dangerously good. So good I have packaged these up and given them as a gift before. Just keep your friends away from them or they will be gone.
- 1 box of Chex mix
- 1 cup White chocolate chips
- 1 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup of Powdered sugar
- Pour Chex mix into a large bowl.
- Heat chocolate chips and peanut butter in the microwave, in 30 second increments, until smooth making sure to stir after each heating.
- While the chocolate / peanut butter mixture is still hot, pour it over the Chex mix and mix with a large spoon.
- Once most of the Chex mix has been coated add in powdered sugar and cover the bowl and shake to combine.
That is it for this time. Have you tried any of these recipes? Did we miss anything? Let us know down below and we will be sure to check it out going forward. Thank you for stopping by. Stick around and check out more of our tutorials or posts like our piece on Unity Lifecycle: Update Vs FixedUpdate Vs LateUpdate. Also, leave a comment telling us what you liked or did not like about the tutorial. Was it easy to follow along? What do you want to learn next? As always check out some of our published apps below.